Simply Blue – easy, affordable health care coverage
Your Agent is Murray
Benefits you want at a
price you can afford.
This is your health plan,
because you can
customize it. You pick
the deductible you want
and the drug coverage
you want. You get
immediate help paying
for doctor office visits,
and prescription drugs,
and full protection from
big medical costs. Simply
Blue: a smart plan at a
Health plans are as
unique and individual as
And the kind of plan you
want can change as you
move from one stage of
your life to the next. So
whether you need a plan
just for you, or for you
and your family, a plan
with drug coverage
options or a health
savings account, you’ll
find one that fits you at
Simply Blue is an affordable and easy-to-understand health plan that lets you choose the
options that fit you best. If you’re looking for a health plan that will take care of major
expenses, but will also cover some immediate needs, Simply Blue is perfect for you.
This plan is a great choice if you:
* Are single (does not include family coverage)
* Want affordable rates, but also coverage for some immediate needs
* Would like coverage for office visits and an annual checkup
* Not planning on starting a family
You must be at least 19 years old and live in Minnesota to apply for Simply Blue. Each
family member over the age of 19 may apply for their own Simply Blue coverage. Blue Cross
individual plans are not available for people with certain medical conditions (PDF).
* A low copay for your first three office visits each year
* Health club discount – get $20 a month toward your membership at one of thousands of
participating health clubs
* Two drug coverage options: one covers only generic drugs for a small copay and the other
covers generic and brand name drugs – check list of covered drugs
* Preventive care covered at 100 percent, no deductible
* For the first emergency room visit you have a $250 copay; additional visits are covered at
100 percent after deductible
* For the first urgent care visit you have a $100 copay; additional visits are covered at 100
percent after deductible
* Choose any doctor you want, but get the best benefits by using a doctor in the network –
see if your doctor is in the network
* Three deductibles choices. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly premium.
* There is NO MAXIMUM to the amount of health care that’s covered. So you are protected
against catastrophic illnesses or accidents.
* Coverage anywhere in the United States from BlueCard® – and everywhere else through
You work hard for your money. An unexpected injury could take it all away, unless you have
a health plan.
You get a choice
Simply Blue is an affordable and easy-to-use health plan. You get great coverage and can
choose the options that fit you best. Select one of three annual deductibles and the higher
your deductible, the lower your premium. You can also choose a drug coverage option to
cover just generic drugs, or both generic and brand-name drugs.
Quick, hassle-free claims processing
We’ll handle your claims efficiently, quickly, accurately and without hassle. After all, isn’t
that what a health plan is for?
When you call customer service, Health Guides will answer your questions, solve any issues
you might have and refer you to additional resources that can help you save money and
improve your health.
Health care coverage anywhere in the world
More than 97 percent of Minnesota doctors and hospitals are in our network, where you
always get the best benefit for your dollar. You’re also “in network” virtually anywhere you
go in the United States with BlueCard® and internationally through BlueCard Worldwide®.
And you never need a referral.
Be fit. Be rewarded.
Simply Blue can make a healthy difference in your life with a health club discount of up to
$20 per month toward your membership fee at thousands of participating health clubs. You
also get a personal online wellness center that includes a health assessment, coaching
support and more. Your personal account at the myBlueCross online member center will help
you manage your health and your health care expenses.
Save on prescription drugs and disposable medical supplies
With 90dayRx, only from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, you can fill 90-day
prescriptions at participating retail pharmacies or through mail order and pay less than you
would for three separate 30-day prescriptions.
If you use disposable medical supplies, you can get free home delivery and up to 10 percent
discount from Edgepark Medical Supplies.
A name that Minnesotans know
For more than 75 years Blue Cross has earned the trust of our members by offering solid,
reliable health plans and service second to none. That’s longer than any other health plan in
the state. Today, we serve nearly three million members. And you can count on us being
here when you need us.
*Authorized independent agent/agency for Blue
Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.